Friday 9 January 2009

Little steps to a better world

(Inspirational Quotes - Help Yourself, Help Others - SelfHelp Collective)

I came across a great quotation today:

"Don't spend your precious time asking 'Why isn't the world a better place?' It will only be time wasted. The question to ask is 'How can I make it better?' To that there is an answer".
(
Leo Buscaglia)

(And thanks to Steve, for sending me the link to his new YouTube videos of Inspirational Quotes, which is where I found it).

There are probably lots of answers, in fact. And it seems to me that we don't need to worry about finding the 'right' one: all sorts of positive actions, even tiny little steps, can make the world a better place. If you're a problem-solver - an instinctive Mr or Ms Fix-It like me - then it can be hard to remember that, if you can't see the grand solution, small improvements are still worth making. 'Better' is a relative term, after all.

Flow x

2 comments:

  1. I like: "the trust yourself, you know more then you think you do " quote. Interesting little clip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think it's important to think what you can do to make a difference than to sit back with your Daily Express in your hand and cuss everyone else! :-)

    Thanks for sharing my vid with the 'Flow World' :-)

    Steve

    ReplyDelete